TERMS OF SALE
You may be provided the opportunity on the “Boardwarehouse.co.za” website/online shop to purchase products that are offered, sold or manufactured by ROBHAR Enterprises Pty. Ltd. t/a Board Warehouse (collectively “Products”).
- No Endorsement or Verification. The availability of any Products on the Board Warehouse website/online shop does not imply our endorsement of the Products. We do not represent, warrant or guarantee that the Product descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
- Product Reviews. Product listings may contain ratings and reviews obtained from third parties. Product reviews posted by Board Warehouse website/online shop users are solely the opinions of the posters. None of the Product reviews contain or reflect any opinions or views of Board Warehouse.
- Order Acceptance and Cancellation Right. The receipt of an order number or an email order confirmation does not constitute acceptance of an order or a confirmation of an offer to sell. We reserve the right to limit the order quantity on any item and/or to refuse service to any customer for any reason. Verification of information may be required prior to the acceptance of an order.
- Prices and availability of Products on the Board Warehouse website/online shop is subject to change. Errors will be corrected when discovered and we reserve the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any error, inaccuracy or omission. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason.
- Products Sold by ROBHAR Enterprises Pty. Ltd. t/a Board Warehouse.
- Pricing. See our Pricing Policy for more information about pricing.
- Risk of Loss. For Products purchased from Board Warehouse website/online shop, the risk of loss and title for purchased Products pass to you upon delivery to the shipping carrier.
- Returns, Refunds and Title. Returns of Products sold by ROBHAR Enterprises Pty. Ltd. t/a Board Warehouse are subject to our Returns Policy unless marked as non-returnable. ROBHAR Enterprises Pty. Ltd. t/a Board Warehouse does not take title to returned items until the item arrives at our fulfilment center. At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return. In this situation, ROBHAR Enterprises Pty. Ltd. t/a Board Warehouse does not take title to the refunded item. Please refer to our Refunds Policy.
- Special Orders. Any bespoke & custom made finishes/products, reduced to clear or discontinued items, promotional offers & goods are excluded from our return policy. They cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged.
- Third-Party Warranty Information. See our Warranty Policy for more information about warranties.
- Customer Service Limitations.
- While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through our customer service team, Board Warehouse has no control over and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of items advertised, the truth or accuracy of Product listings, or that a seller, manufacturer or supplier will satisfactorily honour the warranty offered by that party for a specific Product.
- ROBHAR Enterprises Pty. Ltd. t/a Board Warehouse will not be responsible for any damage caused by installation or attempted installation of any Product by you or any third-party.
Any/All quotations are based on the supplied/assessed measurements and will be confirmed on site prior to installation where applicable. Whilst every care is taken to ensure the quotation is accurate, any excess material required to complete the installation will be for the customer’s account. This will be discussed beforehand and amounts agreed upon. It remains the customer’s responsibility to check the quote thoroughly before accepting, as only materials and services quoted will be supplied and installed.
Validity of the Quote
The Company will submit a written quotation for any goods and/or services requested by the customer. All quotations issued are subject to acceptance within 30 days, therefore validity of all quotations is 30 (calendar) days from the date of written in the quotation. The Company reserves the right to withdraw a quotation at any time before it has been accepted by the Company. No quotation issued by the Company shall constitute an offer to supply goods.
Verbal quotations for stock availability are correct at the time given by the Company, but unless confirmation of an order by the Customer is given immediately the Company cannot guarantee stock availability.
Quotations are only valid in writing & issued by authorized personal, or in the form of an official pro-forma invoice.
All individual prices in any itemized quotation are offered for the whole project, as described in the quotation. The Company cannot guarantee the individual prices if any item or service that is ordered separate, excluded of the requirements or replaced with alternative.
B. PRICE and PAYMENT
One Hundred percent (100%) payment for goods and/or materials, services and delivery is due upon execution of order and prior to installation. All goods remain the property of BOARD WAREHOUSE until paid for in full. The Company cannot process any special orders, bespoke & custom made items and/or finishes, prior to the full payment of the Order is cleared.
Payment date is the date when we receive your funds into our bank account. If you pay by cheque, payment date is the date when the cheque clears.
Upon receipt of your order, the Company will issue a written order confirmation by e-mail, usually in the form of an invoice or a receipt for the payment. Upon confirmation, the Customer’s order will be processed and any lead time for manufacturing and/or supplying of goods, booking of services, should commence.
Orders are processed as they are received. Once they are put into production, add-on’s may have to be treated as a new order and may hold up delivery of the original order. Cancellations and/or Change Orders are subject to approval by the Company.
If goods are not paid for we reserve the right to enter the Customer’s premises to retrieve the goods even if they have been laid. If a customer fails to pay for goods or stops payment, the company has the right to claim legal fees and any other costs as a result of the customer’s failure to pay.
All prices and offers are correct at time of going to print, but are subject to change and availability.
VAT will be charged on all prices (including delivery) at the rate of 14%.
Goods and/or materials will be invoiced at the prices current at the time of the order.
Invoices that are incorrect must be returned as no alteration can be made at settlement.
All Prices are based on current stock and availability. The Company cannot be held responsible for errors that may occur.
If the Company discover any errors in the price of goods before we accept your order, we will notify you as soon as possible and give you the option to resubmit your order at the correct price or cancel the order.
Your receipt of any goods shall be an unqualified acceptance of and a waiver of any and all claims not made in writing to BOARD WAREHOUSE within seven (7) business days after such receipt. Defect of part of the goods and/or materials shall not be grounds for rejection by the Buyer of all of such goods and/or materials, nor all of the particular item in which such defect is found, nor shall be grounds for the cancellation of the undelivered portions thereof.
Time of delivery
Standard delivery time is between Monday and Friday, 09h00 and 16h00. All goods will be delivered in the standard delivery time slot, unless stated otherwise.
Delivery place and place access
Delivery promises are based on the assumption that there is an unobstructed good hard road giving adequate access to the truck at the delivery address and/or storage space. The Company can refuse delivery to site if it is deemed dangerous to the driver.
- An elevator must be available for deliveries to the 4th floor and above.
- We cannot deliver to anyone under the age of 18.
- COD’S are not accepted on delivery.
Adequate labour must be provided by the customer for unloading. All supply only goods are delivered to curbside only, unless stated otherwise.
The Company has no responsibility or liability for the unloading of goods on site and for the storage and security of such goods.
The Company cannot be held responsible for non-delivery caused by the customer absence. If a Customer cannot accept the goods on the due date he/she has to notify the Company no later than 3 working days prior delivery date. If a Customer fails to take delivery of the goods or any part of them on the due date and fails to provide any instructions documents licenses consents, or authorizations required to enable the goods to be delivered on the due date the Company will return the order and it will be stored. A 30% handling fee will be charged on all returned goods. Excluded from this charge is the pick-up fee, which is not negotiable.
If a delivery is refused or nobody accepts the order, re-delivery will be charged at twice the charged amount. The Company keeps the right to charge storage fee for any ordered/paid goods, which are stored in our warehouse, waiting for delivery confirmation or collection for more than 28 days.
Risk in the goods shall pass to the Customer when the Customer or its agent takes delivery of the goods.
D. DAMAGED & DEFECTIVE GOODS
The Company will supply the Customer with goods that are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months (or longer if required by law) from the date of delivery. The Customer is obligated to inspect the goods immediately upon delivery and advise the Company as soon as possible of any discrepancies, defects or damages. Where the Customer has used or installed the goods such use or installation shall be taken as conclusive evidence that the buyer has accepted the goods notwithstanding that there is a defect in the quality or condition of the goods, or that they may fail to correspond with their specification and the buyer in those circumstances waives the right to make any claim against the company. The Customer must accept full responsibility for the suitability of the goods ordered for the purpose to which they are put.
If goods are delivered faulty or incorrect, the Customer must contact the Company as soon as possible, but no later than seven (7) calendar days from the date of delivery. The company cannot take any responsibility for goods damaged during the transportation, where a third party delivery-company is used, nor during the unloading or installation, if not done by the company. If the customer notice that the goods are delivered damaged or incorrect, the customer have the right to refuse to accept the goods and/or put a note on to the delivery receipt, together with appropriate evidence of the damage.
If the goods are found to be damaged or defective prior to delivery, we will at our option replace the goods or refund the price paid by the customer.
Returning defective goods
Our Company shall have the right to examine any goods that are the subject of any claim or complaint after the delivery thereof. The Company will then arrange for collection and a full refund on receipt of goods at our warehouse or at the latest within 30 days of agreeing to give the refund.
Save as aforesaid shall be under no further liability to the customer in respect of the short delivery, defective goods, failure to comply with description or lack of quality, delay in delivery or in respect of any other complaint relating to the goods.
E. MATERIAL AMOUNTS AND PRODUCT COLOUR
A 2% variance on material widths is within mill tolerances and is agreed to be acceptable within the industry limits.
The amount of materials sold is compatible to measurement of floor covering and the material dimensions.
Material overage of approximately 10% is required in order to cut, seam, and trim materials. In some instances the amount of padding or underlayment installed may be less. The Company has taken this variation into full account in establishing pricing. Installation charges are based on the amount of material needed and not on the installed amount.
Colour match to samples will vary from dye lot to dye lot. Buyer agrees to accept colour variances that fall within industry-established ranges. Hardwood and bamboo are natural materials that will have colour variations such as variations from heartwood to sapwood, mineral streaks and variations in the grain. Temperature and humidity must be maintained within manufacturer specifications.
Despite every effort to accurately duplicate each product’s colour when shown on our website, actual colours may vary. Due to computer monitor resolution and colour settings, subtle variations in colour and surface texture may not be fully revealed when viewing products on our website. We make every attempt to give you a good representation of the available colours for each product available.
For an accurate representation of product appearance, you should view a sample at our warehouse or request a sample of the product (if available) to be sent to your home.
F. MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
All floor covering products, goods and/or materials are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. No other warranties, either expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, are provided.
Any warranty offered by the Manufacturer is direct from the Manufacturer and not from BOARD WAREHOUSE. See manufacturers’ separate warranties for the terms of their warranties.
No other warranty, express or implied, is made. BOARD WAREHOUSE assumes no liability for damages arising from the purchase, use or inability to use this product or from any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages. This means any loss, expense or damage other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring, incurred or suffered by or occasioned to the end user/purchaser of a defective product or to any third party.
G. FLOORING SERVICES
- All flooring services – floor installation, floor sanding, flooring repair, etc. could start in customer’s property after confirmation of the date and after full payment for flooring material is cleared.
- Any additional work, which does not appear in our quotation, will be subject to an extra charge.
Cancellation of service
If for any reason the Customer wish to cancel already booked appointment he/she have the right to do so by sending the Company a written notification by email, fax or post no later than 2 working days before the booked date. If failing to do so, the Company keeps the right to charge a late cancellation fee.
H. PREPARATION, INSTALLATION AND GENERAL COMMENTS
To ensure your installation proceeds smoothly, the following information needs to be reviewed. Your cooperation in meeting our requests will be greatly appreciated and will help us ensure the quality of your installation.
- It is recommended that all other building work is completed and contractors are off site prior to installing your new floors.
- The required sub floor condition is flat, level and moisture free. Installation of engineered hardwood, laminate, vinyl or bamboo flooring, requires preparation of the subfloor. The costs for this subfloor preparation are not included in the quote estimate because these costs can only be determined upon site inspection. Additional labour and materials may be required in order to remove existing flooring or to accommodate removal and replacement of secondary subflooring and flashing materials. The condition of the sub floor, if carpeted, can only be assessed once carpeting is removed. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure cavity floors have sufficient ventilation prior to BOARD WAREHOUSE installing the new floor.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform the installation team of any water/electrical piping in the floors/walls that lie just below the surface. The Company has no responsibility or liability regarding and any resulting damage from pipes being broken during installation will not be for BOARD WAREHOUSE’s account.
- Should the installation be carried out in a complex, please ensure delivery is allowed and please ensure BOARD WAREHOUSE staff and its sub-contractors have permission to gain entrance to the complex and that security staff are aware of our presence onsite. Please notify BOARD WAREHOUSE of complex “quiet times” which will affect our ability to work.
- Please plan to be home the entire day your installation is scheduled as we cannot guarantee a specific starting time. Every effort will be made to complete your installation in a timely and professional manner; however, we are not responsible for ancillary or consequential damages or any other expenses, e.g. time lost from work, hotels expenses, meals, inconvenience, etc. that may occur from unforeseen delays in materials or installation.
- Each installation is custom and some may take longer than others. Therefore it is extremely difficult to determine what time the installers will arrive on the date of installation. Please make arrangements for a responsible adult to be at the jobsite the entire day.
- Rooms should be cleared in preparation for your goods and/or materials’ delivery. Please be sure that there is a clear path from the point of entry to your home to the room where your new flooring will be placed.
- Engineered Hardwood. Bamboo, Vinyl and Laminate must be stored in the areas to be installed for a minimum of three days prior to installation. Temperature and humidity must be maintained within manufacturer’s specifications during acclimation, installation and after installation. Failure to maintain proper temperature and humidity may cause permanent damage to flooring for which the Company cannot be held responsible.
- Installers will need access to electricity and water during the installation.
- Whilst our teams are happy to help remove wiring that is glued/nailed to old skirting’s they are not qualified electricians and any resulting damage will not be for BOARD WAREHOUSE’s accounts.
- If no power is available BOARD WAREHOUSE will hire a generator at customer’s expense.
- Kick plates of new kitchen/bedroom cupboards should be installed after we have completed your floor.
- Prior to installation, all breakable items, remote controls, sun glasses and electrical items such as televisions, music centres, computers, etc., including books, toys, CD’s should be removed from the work area. Our installation team will move large furniture as required for the installation to proceed. Whilst every care will be taken, accidental damage caused during moving furniture will not be covered by BOARD WAREHOUSE.
- Please complete the following tasks before the installer arrives:
- Remove all items from china cabinets.
- Remove wall plaques and pictures from all areas including rooms adjacent to areas being installed.
- Remove bedding and pillows.
- Remove items from the top of dressers and tables.
- Remove drawers from dressers.
- Remove items from closet floors and all low hanging garments.
- Pianos & Pool Tables: If you have contracted us to move your piano or pool table, please be advised that we are not responsible for tuning the piano or levelling the pool table. We do not move slate pool tables or grand pianos.
- Electronics: Our installers do not move electronics of any kind. Customer is responsible for disassembly, moving, assembling and connecting equipment after units.
- Remove low handing draperies.
- The standard fitting fee includes unwanted skirting and profile removal and the removal of pertinent waste from site. Not included in the standard fitting fee is moving of electrical equipment, removal and cutting of doors, levelling or screeding sub floors, removal of tiles/parquet/ Marley type flooring. These items can be completed at additional charges – contact BOARD WAREHOUSE for a full list of services offered.
- The installers DO NOT move, disconnect or reconnect the following items: gas appliances, icemaker refrigerators, grand pianos, aquariums, waterbeds, grandfather clocks, antiques, breakables, bedding, draperies or anything that may be very fragile.
- Dust: Installing new flooring may cause a considerable amount of dust. Please take adequate measures to protect your belongings. The dust cannot be contained to just the areas being installed.
- Squeaks: The installers cannot repair existing floor squeaks or guarantee that any attempt to do so will be effective.
- Doors: We assume no responsibility for cutting doors. Installers can remove doors to install flooring, but we are not responsible for replacing doors if the new flooring does not provide adequate clearance.
- Walls & Baseboards: Even though the installers will take all normal precautions when new flooring is installed, it may be necessary for the customer to touch up the baseboards after installation. The installers will exercise every care possible in removing and reinstalling skirting, but we cannot be responsible for breakage because the condition of the skirting is beyond our control. If you would like your old skirting removed, please tell the installers. If you plan to paint or wallpaper, this should be completed after installation. New applied paint and wallpaper is especially susceptible to damage.
- Carpet Removal: If you have wall to wall carpeting now, the installers will use your existing tack strip. If it is not reusable the installers will replace it at no charge. Please do not remove existing tack strip but do be sure to remove all staples used to secure cushion and carpet to the subfloor.
- Seams will be visible: Where seaming is necessary the product will be seamed according to the best known method, and the best possible way for the material involved. The visibility of your seams will depend on the type of flooring, lighting and direction of seam. Unless otherwise specifically mentioned on the order in writing, seams will be left to the discretion of the installer.
- Existing or subfloors not installed by the Company: Installing new hard surface floors without the required sub-floor will void all installation warranties and may affect the manufacturer’s warranty as well. Problems arising from underlayment not installed by us or arising from floor structure are not our responsibility and are not covered by the warranties.
- Unforeseen structural issues: Many structural issues cannot be seen until the old flooring is removed. If the installers find any structural issues during installation such as termite damage or water damaged structural subflooring, the install will be stopped until the customer is able to remedy the structural issue.
- On site, the main contractor, will make provisions for safe and secured storage of the flooring products and at all times will be responsible for the health and safety of our operatives on their site.
I. SIGN OFF
An authorized signatory must be available on completion of installation in order to sign off the work done. Once sign off has occurred, the customer is agreeing to the satisfaction of work completed. If there are any disputes with the work carried out, the work must not be signed off. Sign off is at customer’s discretion. Any damages or marks found in the floor that have been caused by the installer will only be rectified if pointed out to the installer before the customer has signed off work. Any damages noticed after this time i.e. the following day, will be assumed to be the fault of the customer and will not be rectified.
J. CUSTOMER SUPPORT & SERVICE
Apart from providing excellent quality products at the best possible price, our Company is completely dedicated to exceeding customer expectations. If you have any suggestions, comments or any cause for complaint please contact us. The Company keep the right to amend the terms and condition, without notice. Please visit our website regularly in order to keep yourself up to date.
The company reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
Last updated on 22 January 2018